TOTAL TIME: 15-20 min + 45 min (baking)
CALORIES (approx.): 4750 kcal
per 1 serving: 396 kcal
/for cake pan with diameter of 26cm [10 inch] or similar/
- Sift the flour into a bowl (skip if (pre-sifted).
- Slice butter and add to the flour. Add eggs, powdered sugar, pinch of salt and vanilla extract. Knead:
– manually, or
– in blender, or
– in kitchen aid
When butter is well mixed with flour I add 2 Tbsp of cold water, and knead some more for smooth and well mixed consistency.
- Divide into two parts: 2/3 and 1/3. Cover with aluminium foil and refrigerate.
- Line the cake pan with parchment paper.
Roll the dough into thin layer. Larger part will line the bottom and sides of the cake pan. Refrigerate.
- Top part: roll into thin layer and cut out star shaped pieces (or use cookie cutter). Place them on a plate. Chill in the refrigerator.
If I have excess dough I roll it into a ball and freeze, or cut out cookies and bake.
- Peel the pears, remove seed nests, and slice thinly. Place in a bowl.
- Heat up the oven to 220℃ (430℉). Add lemon juice, honey, sugar, cinnamon, and ginger. Mix well.
- Take the cake pan and a plate with dough stars out of the refrigerator. Spike the bottom of the dough with a fork. Put pears inside the cake pan without their juice (using fork). Level up and cover with stars made out of dough.
- Place the cake inside the heated oven. Bake on the second shelf from the bottom for about 45 min. For the first 10 min I bake at 220℃ (430℉), then at 180℃ (360℉).
- Remove from the oven and let it cool. Afterwards, you can add a layer of powdered sugar on top.
- Cut into servings when cooled. Great addition to coffee, tea, natural yogurt, or ice cream.
Hint: Pear juice can be removed with a syringe. It makes a tasty drink.
…and… if you liked it, please subscribe and share the recipe with your family, friends and everyone who likes simple cooking. Thanks for watching!