HEALTHY WHOLE WHEAT PLUM CAKE (no eggs)
HEALTHY WHOLE WHEAT PLUM CAKE
(no eggs, no mixer)
total time: ca. 50 minutes (ca. 10 minutes + 40 minutes of baking)
calories (approx.): 1000 kcal
per 1 serving: 50 kcal
- plums (250 g)
- cinnamon (1/2 or 1 tsp)
to sprinkle plums (you can skip or replace with cocoa)
- whole grain rye flour (1/2 cup)
- whole wheat flour, type 2000 (1/2 cup)
- white or brown sugar (1/3 cup)
- baking soda (1 tsp)
- cinnamon (1 tsp)
- salt (1/8 tsp)
- milk (1/2 cup)
- vegetable oil (1/3 cup)
- Cut plums in half, remove pits. Sprinkle with cinnamon, mix gently and put aside.
Warm up the oven (180 C) -before it’s hot, the batter is ready to bake.
- Into a bowl add flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Mix ingredients distributing them evenly.
- Add milk and oil. Combine with dry ingredients (like in muffins: the shorter, the better, the batter should be thick, the lumps are ok)
- Pour the batter into the baking pan (lined with baking paper for convenience). Top with the plums, arranging the plums skin side down.
- Bake in 180°C for 40 minutes (check if it’s ready doing a dry stick test). Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then carefully transfer onto a wire rack and leave to cool.
- Serve slightly warm (e.g. with Greek yoghurt or vanilla ice-cream) or at room temperature.
…and if you liked it, share the recipe with your family, friends and people who are interested in simple cooking. Thank you:)